- 3 Aubergines, male
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Create inch-long incisions in the aubergines and put on BBQ or grill, turning until they lose all structure and are soft through.
- Half and scrape out the insides into a colander and leave to drain. Discard the skins.
- Dice the aubergine until smooth.
- Add fresh parsley, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, tahini and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Mix in pomegranate and lemon zest and serve room temperature.