- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- Plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine water and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle with the yeast and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes or until foaming.
- Meanwhile, sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in centre and add yeast mixture and oil. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring together. (It should be soft and slightly sticky.)
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until almost smooth.
- Put dough in an olive oil covered bowl and cover with a tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 30 minutes and let the dough rise.
- Roll on flour covered surface until thin.
- Cook on greased cooking tray at the highest heat.